Tradition meets innovation
Punctually in time for the 60th anniversary in Switzerland, Kuehne + Nagel will open in spring 2019 one of the most modern and innovative hubs for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. We combine the latest technologies with our established industry expertise to get the most out of your value chains. The Moehlin site will be part of the global KN PharmaChain network, which delivers multimodal and temperature-controlled door-to-door shipping concepts that are transparent, traceable and reliable. Thanks to the central location of this site, we can guarantee our customers links to all major river ports, sea ports and airports, both nationally and across Europe.
The hub's high-bay warehouse and small parts shuttle system will be fully automated. You’ll also benefit from integrated pick & pack stations, which will ensure that your products are stored in a cost-effective manner and without any complications, and are delivered without delay to your customers on demand. As proven experts in the market, we are intimately acquainted with the industry’s complex requirements and mandatory regulations, and will be on-hand to provide you with advice in relation to any questions you may have.
State-of-the-art warehousing services
Flexible, customer-specific & quality-focused
Not all warehouses are the same. In the fully automated high-bay warehouse, which is equipped with an ultra-modern warehouse management system (WMS), our specially trained staff ensure that the highest quality standards are met during the storage of your products. Reliable process stability minimises loss and allows you to save on added costs and extra administrative overheads. We offer:
- Cross-docking infrastructure and an international distribution interface
- Variable packaging concepts for active and passive solutions
- Ideal temperature ranges for your products:
ambient (+15 °C to +25 °C), cold (+2 °C to +8 °C), frozen (-20 °C to -80 °C)
Special services for special requirements
Cost-efficient, scalable & sophisticated
We make your challenge our business. We offer a complete range of value-added services, such as handling complex customs procedures or taking charge of time-consuming payment management processes. Our quality management specialists act as our own regulatory body to ensure that we are capable of meeting your rigorous demands. We will boost your profits by taking over your outsourced logistics processes because what is a secondary task for you is our core business.
- Customised GMP services, such as consolidation, labelling and secondary packaging
- Integrated data management enables real-time shipment tracking at your fingertips
- Seamless information management, including serialisation and individual status notifications
Multimodal transport services
Extensive, established & globally integrated
Panta rhei – everything flows. To guarantee that your customers receive your products just-in-time at the right location, we think in terms of complete solutions, rather than individual transport modes. In our global network, we transport your products on land or water or in the air in compliance with Swissmedic guidelines (Good Distribution Practices). We can monitor temperature-controlled shipments in real time (24/7) and ensure that sensitive cooling chains are never interrupted, even during reloading.
- Integrated transport management for all modes of transport
- Flexible final delivery thanks to our less than truckload and full truckload network, including parcel delivery
- End-to-end supply chain management – an expert partner by your side and transparency along the entire transport chain